Business Opportunity Program
Business Opportunity Program
The Program is currently suspended and no longer accepting applications.
Please subscribe to receive program announcements (see link on the top right side of the page), any changes to the status of this program will be updated through this notification system.
- The Program Terms and Conditions and Application Form have been updated. Please review them prior to submitting your application as changes have been made to Eligible Applicants, Eligible Activities, and many other sections.
- You must submit your application prior to starting the activities listed in it.
- You must use the new Application form if submitting an application on April 4, 2016 or after.
- Projects must be completed by February 1, 2018.
- Applications will only be accepted by mail.
Program purpose statement
The purpose of the program is to help Alberta’s new or established producers, agri-processing companies and agricultural organizations enhance their competitiveness and growth prospects by connecting them with expert business advice.
Under the Growing Forward 2 Business Opportunity Program, successful applicants are eligible for reimbursement of between 50% and 75% of certain non-capital costs related to researching and planning a new business venture.
- Eligible non-capital costs including feasibility studies for new opportunities, business plans (expansion and diversification), market research, value chain development, marketing plans, business management coaching sessions and succession plans (once per farm business).
- Established producers and processors will be reimbursed for 50% of eligible consulting fees to a maximum of $5,000 per activity to a maximum of $30,000 for the life of the program.
- New entrants will be reimbursed for 75% of eligible consulting fees to a maximum of $5,000 per activity to a maximum of $30,000 for the life of the program.
- Agricultural Organizations will be reimbursed for 75% of eligible consulting fees to a maximum of $30,000 for the life of the program.
Am I eligible for this program?
Producers, agri-processors, new industry entrants and agricultural organizations are eligible to apply for funding under the Growing Forward 2 Business Opportunity Program.
How do I apply for this program?
- Determine whether you are eligible - Refer to the Business Opportunity Program’s Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure that the projects activities are eligible - Eligible activities are listed in the program’s Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the Application Form - Once completed, send your application and supporting documents by mail to:
Growing Forward 2
Agriculture and Forestry
6547 Sparrow Drive
Applications will only be accepted by mail.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Dana Gibson at (780) 980-4220 or email@example.com
You may also be interested in…