Food Safety Systems Processor
Food Safety Systems Processor
Note: During the potential Canada Post mail service interruption, applications for this program will also be accepted by email or courier. Business as usual (as per T&Cs and Application forms) will resume when the situation is resolved. Please watch our GF2 webpages for further information.
Starting April 2016, all parts of the Application form must be completed when submitting an application. This includes Part B of the Application form – Proposed Work Plan and Budget. A Funding List with eligible work plan activities and cost share information is available to assist you in completing the work plan section (see above).
Program purpose statement
The purpose of the program is to help food processors invest in new or improved food safety systems and production practices, enhancing the industry’s competitiveness and food safety performance.
Under the Growing Forward 2 Food Safety Systems Processor Program, successful applicants are eligible for reimbursement of up to a maximum of $25,000 over the Program Term.
- Reimbursement of non-capital expenses (50%) related to the implementation of approved food safety programs. This includes food safety program development and implementation, in-house staff training, food safety training or courses, food safety audits (restrictions apply), validation studies, posters or signage depicting food safety procedures, and computer software for food safety programs development and implementation.
- Reimbursement of capital expenses (20%) related to improving a specific food safety issue, to a maximum of $15,000. Capital projects to support best practices in food safety may include facility modifications, processing equipment with hygienic design, foreign material detection equipment (e.g. Metal detection equipment; and X-ray detection equipment), good manufacturing practices tools and equipment.
- Reimbursement of food safety testing equipment expenses (80%), to a maximum of $5,000. This includes Water Activity Meter, pH Meter, Thermometers, ATP testing equipment and swabs, In house micro-testing equipment (e.g. petri-film), Incubator for micro-testing, Data Loggers, Allergen testing equipment , Food Safety ingredient scale (i.e. nitrites, culture) and its calibration weights.
Am I eligible for this program?
Processors with facilities in Alberta formally registered by federal or provincial inspection authorities and are currently producing human food, drink or companion animal food.
How do I apply for this program?
- Determine whether you are eligible - Refer to the Food Safety Systems Processor Program’s Terms and Conditions.
- Determine whether your proposed work plan activities are eligible – Refer to the Funding List (see above).
- Complete all parts of the Application form including Part B – Proposed Work Plan and Budget.
- Send your completed Application form by mail to:
Growing Forward 2 Food Safety Systems Processor Program
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
303, 7000-113 Street N.W.
Edmonton AB T6H 5T6
Applications will only be accepted by mail.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
by phone 780-427-0840 or by email email@example.com
You may also be interested in…